Executive Teachers Program on Integral Student Education
The Executive Teachers Program in Integral Student Education is an intervention programme introduced to Nigerian Schools in 2012 by the Institute for Work and Family in collaboration with the Lagos Business School (LBS) for Leadership and Excellence in Academic Pursuit in schools for students.
The program was adapted from the Masters programme in Family Advisory as developed by the Universities of Madrid and Nueva. It ensures that while the child is acquiring skills and knowledge in school, he or she also grows in virtue and self mastery- thereby getting equipped for leadership in today’s global economy
The Integral Student Education is a presentation of the Student-centered Educational Method which is presented in a three staged approach as below:
- A highly interactive intensive training which will prepare the teachers to understand the modern educational approach and will equip them to better deliver in the workplace.
- A day seminar to sensitize the parents to better understand the benefits of collaborative educational methods in modern day.
- Follow up seminar done quarterly with the teachers to review and get feedback on how the course is being internalized in the School
The Executive Teachers Program is a personalized student-centered education that equips teachers and parents with skills and practices to collaborate in the training and education of the child in excellence and good use of freedom for true leadership towards a sustainable society.
The training program will also equip teachers to function effectively in their role as an advisor to the students and enhance their knowledge in addressing issues student might be facing at Home and School, which can emerge in their interactions
Objectives of the Program
To equip teachers with the skills and practices to
- Educate the whole child both in morals and skills, assisting them to grow in self-mastery and leadership.
- Know the students and their environment (anthropology, child family environment, understand teenage tendencies, etc)
- Teach with empathy
- Collaborate with parents in the education of their child
- Be a good mentor to the student
At the end of the training programme, it is expected that Teachers/Advisors will:
- develop the capacity to better impact the child in character building.
- learn and be able to deploy successfully elements of family advisory in their schools or institutions
And having deployed the acquired knowledge from the training The Student will:
- be better behaved
- study when they want to study through pre-agreed program
- be able to resist peer pressure
- have better grades
- And there will be greater involvement of parents in the education of the child.
Ultimately, schools will be able to provide a more holistic (integral) education that entails academic excellence and character building. This will inturn positively impact on the school’s image, values, prestige, enhance enrolment due to referrals from satisfied parents and improve competitive advantages.
The course is delivered within a period of nine months of three intensive weeks.
A small class size of maximum of 30 is maintained to ensure close class attention and foster individual learning.
At the completion of this course, participants are eligible to receive a Certificate of Proficiency jointly issued by the Institute for Work and Family Integration and the Lagos Business School (LBS). LBS is known for its role in defining a new generation of business leaders with a focus on social impact and ranked top 50 business schools in the world.
The course is specifically designed for Teachers, School Administrators, Parents, Guidance Counselors, Staff and Facilitators of family-related NGOs, Parents, Policy Makers and Marriage Councellors.
After the Executive Teachers Program (ETP) training, there will be a one day follow-up class held quarterly, to ensure effective implementation of what has been learnt in the program. During this period, the facilitators of the program will be available for consultation. A day will also be scheduled for presentation to the Parents Teachers Association to address effective implementation of the collaboration between the parents and the schools.
Duration 45 Hours per Week
Class Sizes 25