MARRIED COUPLES RELATIONSHIP PROGRAMME
Everyone knows and screams the slogan – “The family is under attack” and it is true. It is evident in the number of families that are in crisis, the increase in the divorce rate and the admittance of divorce as legal in most countries of the world today. As shown in a research study conducted by the Institute for Work and Family Integration, 73% of children in the high-brow neighbourhood of Lagos State come from dual income families, highlighting the potential pressures on marriage.
The million dollar question is; what are we doing about it?
This is a question each one of us should ask his or herself.
The Institute for Work and Family Integration, a not for profit, non-governmental, research based organization has responded to this question by coming up with an intervention program – the “Married Couple Retreat” – directed at strengthening the primary fabrics of the family which are the spouses.
It is a weekend program designed to help (husband and wife, man and woman) married couples to rediscover true love in their married relationship, understand self as well as understand each other better, and in the process re-order their priorities. Their married love is therefore enriched enabling them to achieve a life-long marriage fulfilment for a greater society to the glory of God.
This retreat is also a great avenue for couples to reflect on their work and family life and strategize together to achieve a balance to the benefit of both the employer and family, whilst creating an atmosphere for reviving their first love.
They get to reinforce their bond, relax their bodies, revivify their careers, and revitalize their personal well-being. In addition, it will be ideal for enhancing the working relationship between colleagues, improving understanding and creating friendship amongst their spouses.
Objectives of the Retreat
- Learn more about the purpose of marriage
- To know and understand self and spouse better
- To equip them with habits and practices for a successful marriage
- Learn effective communication skills (Listening and dialoguing our feelings)
- Enable them to evolve plan and strategy for achieving a happy married life)
- To improve employer and employee satisfaction with respect to the delivery at work and stability at home.
- To stimulate a realization that success in professional life goes hand in hand with success in family life to achieve a fulfilled life.
- To encourage Parents to review their approach to life and their understanding of family life.
- To project into the future and build their dreams.
- To meet and form friendships with other couples who are committed to improving family life.
- To provide opportunity to play and relax, away from interruptions.
Topics to be treated include
- Communication in Marriage
- Meaning of True Love
- Understanding oneself and Spouse
- Self Evaluation with respect to Work Life Integration
- Tools to stimulate Personal Growth
- Family Project
Side attractions include
- Outdoor and Indoor Games
- Quiet Relaxing Environment
- Get Together and
- Networking Opportunities
At the end of this retreat, the couples would have benefitted in the following ways:-
- Become more observant and proactive both at work and at home.
- Think in terms of the long-range outcome of their work habits and parenting.
- Make more meaning of their lives.
- Build their family project.
- Revived their first love.
- Make informed parenting and professional decisions.
- Better knowledge of each other
- Communicate better with your spouse
- More team spirit in marriage life
- More self-giving
- Greater intimacy and bonding
- Develop common interest and more friendship
- Develop a common strategy for a fulfilled life (work and family)
- Build a more stable and joyful family life
- Become a better spouse and person
- Staff of Corporate Organizations
- Managers of Companies
- Project Coordinators
- Departmental Heads
- Couples working in the corporate world
Duration of the Retreat
- It starts from Friday evening and ends Sunday afternon
Duration 50 Hours
Class Sizes 25